Collaroy Plateau, New South Wales
Northern Beaches, New South Wales
View to the north from Collaroy Plateau
|Location||22 km (14 mi) north-east of Sydney CBD|
|State electorate(s)||Pittwater, Wakehurst|
Collaroy Plateau is a suburb of northern Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Collaroy Plateau is 22 kilometres north-east of the Sydney central business district, in the local government area of Warringah Council and is part of the Northern Beaches region.
Collaroy Plateau was designated as a separate suburb in 1977 with a postcode of 2098, but was reassigned as a locality within Collaroy in 1984,with the postcode changing to 2097 as part of Collaroy. In 2001 all localities were renamed Urban Places. In 2011 Collaroy Plateau, along with Wheeler Heights, was re-established as a suburb by the Geographical Names Board of NSW, after lobbying by the community, who had never ceased considering it to be a suburb since its loss of that title in 1984.
Collaroy Plateau Post Office opened on 1 April 1949 and closed in 1988. Collaroy Plateau West Post Office opened on 1 November 1967 and was renamed Collaroy Plateau in 1996.
- "State Electoral Office search results". NSW State Electoral Office. Retrieved 10 December 2006.
- "AEC Polling Places". Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 10 December 2006.
- "Collaroy Plateau". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- "Collaroy Plateau Public School". Retrieved 27 June 2007.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Collaroy Plateau, New South Wales.|
|This article related to the geography of Sydney is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|