|Receiving the Tony Jannus Award in 2007|
|President Emerita of Southwest Airlines|
September 14, 1944|
Bellows Falls, Vermont
Colleen Barrett (born 14 September 1944, Bellows Falls, Vermont) is the President Emerita and Corporate Secretary of Southwest Airlines. She joined Southwest in 1978, having previously worked for several years as founder Herb Kelleher's executive assistant at his law firm. She has served as Secretary of the Corporation, as Vice President Administration from 1986 through 1990, and Executive Vice President from 1990 through 2001. Barrett has been consistently named and recognized as one of the most powerful American businesswomen. In October, 2007, she received the Tony Jannus Award for distinguished achievement in commercial air transportation.
Barrett stepped down as President and Corporate Secretary of Southwest, effective July 16, 2008, but will remain an employee of the corporation through July 2013.
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Articles by and about Colleen Barrett at FT Press
- Executive profile at Bloomberg Businessweek
- Executive profile at Forbes
- #52 Colleen Barrett, Most Powerful Women 2005
- Works by or about Colleen Barrett in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- The Importance of Culture, Gary Kelly, Southwest Airlines, September 2011, on Barrett's founding of their Culture Committee
- Profile at LeaderNetwork.org
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to a United States airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|