College Township, Knox County, Ohio
|College Township, Ohio|
Location of College Township in Knox County.
|• Total||6.4 sq mi (16.6 km2)|
|• Land||6.4 sq mi (16.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,056 ft (322 m)|
|• Density||351.0/sq mi (135.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086396|
College Township is one of the twenty-two townships of Knox County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 2,247 people in the township, 376 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the central part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Monroe Township - north
- Howard Township - northeast corner
- Harrison Township - east
- Pleasant Township - south and west
The village of Gambier is located in central College Township.
Name and history
It is the only College Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Knox County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.