College of Business and Technology
|Latin: Erudio, Scientia, Integritas|
|Motto||Experience the Difference|
|Type||Private, for profit|
|Director||Fernando LLerena |
|Location||Miami Florida U.S.
|Colours||Navy Blue, Black, & White|
College of Business & Technology commonly referred to as CBT College or just CBT is a higher education & career education institution based in the city of Miami, Florida. CBT operates six locations throughout the County of Miami-Dade and one corporate office located in the city of Kendall. These locations are: Flagler Street Location in Miami, Hialeah Location, West Kendall, Florida, Miami Gardens Location and the Cutler Bay Location.
CBT College is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools, certified by the Florida Department of Education, has programmatic accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (C.A.H.I.I.M.)  for their Health Information Management degree, and is a CompTIA authorized Academy.
About the College
College of Business and Technology (CBT College) was founded in 1988 by educators who emigrated from Peru in the year 1980, Fernando Llerena and Gladys Llerena. Initially, CBT College was founded with the name Business & Technology Institute or BTI however, it was later in the year 2000 when B.T.I. became nationally accredited by (ACICS) with the introduction of Associate of Science degrees. After acquiring national accreditation, B.T.I. was renamed College of Business & Technology (CBT College).
In 2005 CBT College acquires the license to open the [Hialeah] & Flagler locations. The [HVAC] program launches at both campuses. In 2008 CBT opened a branch in the city of Cutler Bay specialized in Allied Health & Science programs. In 2010 CBT opened a location in the city of West Kendall. In January 2013 CBT College will open a new location in the city of Miami Gardens specialized in Business, IT, and Allied Health & Science programs.
CBT College offers a number of Academic, Technical, and Vocational programs. Some of these courses give the individual the ability to apply for professional certifications applicable for the area of training:
|Professional Certifications||Degree Programs||Diploma Programs|
Allied Health & Science Programs:
Computer Technology Programs:
Construction Technology Programs:
CBT offers a portfolio of financial aid programs
- Gladys Llerena Achievement Scholarship
- ““Fernando Llerena”” Scholarship, Awarded to students enrolled in ESL program.
- Reach Out America Scholarship Awarded to students enrolled in ESL Program. who have been in the US less than 5 years.
- Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Rewarded to high school graduates for high academic achievement.
- Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship, Awarded to outstanding high school students who show promise of continued academic achievement, nominated by their high school principal
- Scholarships for Children of Deceased or Disabled Veterans, Awarded to dependent children of deceased or disabled Florida veterans and/or service men.
- Florida Student Assistance Grant Program
- Jose Marti Scholarship Challenge Grant, Awarded to students of the Hispanic origin who will attend Florida public or private institutions.
- Pell Grant, Awarded to help undergraduates who have not yet received Bachelor’s degree pay for their post-secondary education.
- Academy Competitiveness Grant (ACG). Intended to encourage rigorous academy study in high school and enrollment in college majors in the physical, life, and computer sciences; engineering; technology; mathematics; and certain foreign languages.
- Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, (SEOG), Awarded to undergraduates who show the greatest financial need (priority given to Pell Grant recipients). This grant does not have to be paid back.
- Ford Direct Loan, Available to students through participating post-secondary schools.
College of Business and Technology (CBT College) assists students in finding suitable living places. This is especially true for out-of-state students who are new to the South Florida area. CBT does not provide housing. CBT College provides career-planning strategies to international students and intensive English as a Second Language courses (ESL).
Continuing Education Support
CBT College offers its graduate students the benefit of attending classes anytime they wish to update their skills at no cost. This is particularly predominant in programs featuring technologies that change constantly. Students enrolled in a web related course are able to create their online portfolio and do file transfers to their own web address as long as they are an active student at CBT.
- "CBT College Founders". Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- "CBT College Accreditation". Retrieved January 27, 2012.
- "CAHIIM/AHIMA Accreditation". Retrieved December 19, 2012.
- The Flagler Location is located in the Rebeca Sosa District Miami Dade County District 6
- "CBT College Locations".
- CBT College student reviews
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce letter dated August 14, 2000