||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (March 2012)|
|Headquarters||Seattle, Washington, USA|
|Products||Corporate Solutions; Brokerage Services; Asset and Property Management|
Colliers International provides a range of services to commercial real estate users, owners, investors and developers worldwide. Primary services include consulting, corporate solutions, investment services, landlord and tenant representation, project management, property and asset management and valuation and advisory services. The organization serves the hotel, industrial, mixed-use, office, retail and residential property sectors.
Colliers International began in 1976 with the launch of Colliers Jardine in Australia. In 1985, US and Canadian firms joined Colliers international, and by 1986, its Asia-Pacific operations had reached 20 markets. In 1990, Colliers began to enter markets in central Europe and Latin America.
In 2004, Colliers' parent company, FirstService Corporation, invested in Colliers Macaulay Nicolls, the predecessor of FirstService REA and the largest member of Colliers International. FirstService REA subsequently invested in several North American-based firms whose operations focused on various commercial real estate service specialties. Among these investments were:
- PGP Valuation Inc.: A commercial and industrial real estate appraisal firm with 250 associates worldwide, PGP Valuation conducts market studies, consulting assignments, appraisal reviews and feasibility analyses.
- PKF Hotel and Hospitality Consulting: PKR is an association of independent firms in hospitality consulting, with 15,000 specialized hotel experts, auditors and tax consultants worldwide.
- MHPM Project Leaders: In 2007, Colliers Macaulay Nicolls, an affiliate in the Colliers International network (and predecessor to FirstService REA), acquired a majority interest in Canada's largest project management firm, MHPM Project Managers.
Recent geographically-based investments include:
- London (October 2009): Colliers International made a major investment in Colliers CRE, a London-based real estate services enterprise with offices in the UK, Ireland and Spain. Colliers CRE subsequently rebranded as Colliers UK.
- New York: New York-based FirstService Williams, formerly known as GVA Williams, adopted the brand of Colliers International and today functions as the entity's "tri-state" hub (New York, New Jersey and Connecticut). The office consists of more than 300 brokers.
- Chicago (April 2010): Colliers International completed a significant investment in one of Chicago's largest commercial real estate services firms, Colliers Bennett & Kahnweiler (Colliers B&K), which now serves as the enterprise's Midwestern regional hub and operates as Colliers International.
Recent expansions include:
- Cincinnati, Ohio (April 2010): Colliers International added one of Cincinnati's largest commercial real estate firms, West Shell Commercial.
- Nashville, Tennessee (April 2010): The Nashville commercial real estate brokerage firm known as NAI Nashville assumed the Colliers International name.
- Columbus, Ohio (May 2010): Commercial real estate firm Adena Commercial ended its ten-year relationship with Grubb & Ellis to affiliate with Colliers International, effective May 1, 2010.
- Grand Rapids, Michigan (May 2010): Grubb & Ellis Paramount Commerce, one of West Michigan's largest commercial real estate brokerages, changes its affiliation to Colliers International effective May 1.
- Long Island, New York (June 2010): Colliers International added Sutton & Edwards, based in Lake Success and Ronkonkama. Founded in 1962, the firm provides office, industrial, retail, land, medical office and investment property brokerage services.
In April 2010, Colliers International and FirstService Real Estate Advisors combined their operations and global real estate services platforms, and began operation under the unified brand of Colliers International.
According to CoStar, Colliers International utilizes a "partnership model...- an entrepreneurial, locally-grounded company combined with the strength, reach, accountability and versatility of a global firm". FirstService REA, formed by property services firm FirstService Corp. in 2005 after buying Collier International's largest affiliate, now owns about 70% of Colliers International globally, and retains worldwide rights to the Colliers International name. The remainder of equity in Colliers is retained by local market partners." 
Rankings and Honors
According to the April 2010 issue of National Real Estate Investor (NREI), Colliers International ranked second in the magazine's annual ranking of the top twenty-five brokerages in the global real estate industry. The ranking is based on the combined dollar value of leasing transactions and investment sales globally in 2009, which totaled $53.8 billion for Colliers International.
The NREI survey also found that Colliers International had posted an increase of more than 28 percent over its 2008 ranking, when it conducted leasing transactions and investment sales volume totaling $42 billion and ranked fifth.
In March 2010, the annual Lipsey Survey of the top 25 brands in the commercial real estate industry worldwide ranked Colliers International in the #2 position. The firm had held the third-place position in the Lipsey Survey since 2004, after rising from sixth place in 2002 to fourth in 2003. 
In 2010, Colliers International was included in the Global Outsourcing 100 list by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) for the fifth consecutive year.
- "Colliers, FirstService Combine U.S., Global Operations." CoStar. January 2010.
- "Colliers Plays the Offense." Real Estate Forum. April 2010.
- "Colliers Services." Colliers International website.
- "Reshaping a Global Giant." Commercial Property Executive. June 2010.
- "FirstService Corp. Financial Profile." Globe and Mail Report on Business. May 20, 2010
- "FirstService Raises Forecast, Eyes Acquisitions." Toronto Star. January 30, 2007
- "Appraisers Join FirstService Family." Real Estate Weekly. November 18, 2009.
- "Property services firm FirstService buys 80% stake in PKF Consulting, 60% of MHPM." The Canadian Press. January 22, 2007.
- "FirstService buys interest in PKF, MHPM." Canada Stockwatch. January 22, 2007.
- "FirstService Rides in to Support Colliers CRE." Property Week. October 9, 2009."
- "FirstService Real Estate Invests in Colliers CRE." Real Estate Weekly. October 21, 2009.
- "Expanding Colliers Launches Talent Search." Real Estate Weekly. May 5, 2010.
- "Colliers Bennett & Kahnweiler sells minority stake." Crain's Chicago Business. April 19, 2010.
- "West Shell Commercial joins Colliers." Business Courier of Cincinnati. April 27, 2010.
- "Colliers International Returns to Nashville." The Tennessean. April 23, 2010.
- "Real-estate Offices are Realigning." Columbus Dispatch. April 19, 2010.
- "Commercial Real Estate brokerage Changes Affiliation." Grand Rapids Press. April 27, 2010.
- "Colliers Rebrands Long Island Firm." The Real Deal. June 14, 2010.
- "Colliers International Integrates Services Under a Single Brand." Barron's. April 21, 2010.
- "Industry Takes Stock of Shifting Landscape in Wake of Colliers, Cassidy Rebrandings." CoStar. January 13, 2010.
- "Commercial Firms Fight Back in a Post-Boom World." New York Times. June 15, 2010.
- "Colliers Plays the Offense." Real Estate Forum. April, 2010.
- "Top 25 Brokerages." National Real Estate Investor. April 1, 2010.
- "2010 Top Commercial Real Estate Brands Survey." The Lipsey Company.
- "International Association of Outsourcing Professionals Names Colliers International to 2010 Global Outsourcing 100 List for the 5th Consecutive Year." Coy Davidson. February 18, 2010.