|35 and 55 Collins Street|
|Type||Hotel and Office|
|Owner||AMP Wholesale Office Fund andAMP Capital Investors|
|Floor count||46-55 Levels Collins Street
50 levels - 35 Collins Street
|Floor area||94,600 m2 (1,018,000 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Architect: Pei Cobb Freed and Partners|
Collins Place is a shopping and office complex in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Built in 1981, it comprises two office buildings (35 and 55 Collins Street) and a shopping mall in between. Also located at 35 Collins Street is Sofitel Melbourne on Collins.
It was initially constructed with the assistance of American Vincent Ponte, the AMP Society and ANZ Bank, the New York firm of Architects, I. M. Pei and Partners and the Melbourne firm of Bates, Smart and McCutcheon as associate architects.
35 and 55 Collins Street's office buildings were built in the modern style of the 1980s offices. Both towers were built on a square plan at 45 degree angles to the Hoddle Grid. At 35 Collins Street, Sofitel Melbourne on Collins occupies the top 15 floors. In the Collins Place shopping area there's a food court and cinemas.
35 Collins Street
- 3-22, Telstra
- 23,24, Victorian Auditor - General's Of
- 24, Agora Assest Management
- 25, Amdocs
- 26, ITS Global
- 26, Jetro
- 27-28, Productivity Commission
- 29, AMP Capital Investors
- 30, Victorian Managed Insurance Authority
- 32, Civil Aviation Safety Authority
55 Collins Street
- All floors are completely leased to ANZ
- There a number of sub-tenants in the building including Drake International, Clark and CG Associates and GTA Consultants.
- Mayne, Robert (20 June 1971). "He makes the big city heart throb faster". The Sydney Morning Herald. p. 46. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- "Why we think Collins Place will be the best address in Australia". The Age. 22 August 1978. p. 6. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- Day, Norman (10 October 1978). "New York lesson in merchandising". The Age. p. 2. Retrieved 25 April 2011.
- Robertson, Paul (22 May 1981). "AMP axes investment in Victoria". The Age. p. 5. Retrieved 25 April 2011.