We energize your business
|Genre||congress and trade fair organizer|
|Key people||Gerald Böse,
Chief Executive Officer
|Employees||around 600, 500 in Cologne and 100 wordlwide (2013)|
Koelnmesse (Cologne Trade Fair or Cologne Exhibition Centre) is the name of the international trade fair and exhibition center located in Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. With around 75 trade fairs and over 2,000 conferences annually, Koelnmesse is one of the country's largest trade fair organizers and with 284,000 m² exhibition floor area the third largest by area.
The Cologne Trade Fair ground was founded in 1922. Until 2005, the trade fair was based in the historic Rheinhallen, and since then moved into new premises next to them. The old Fair Tower Cologne (Messeturm Köln) is a landmark building from 1928 and features a tower restaurant on the top floor.
Among others the following trade fairs are held in Cologne:
- Anuga, the world's most important food and beverage trade fair
- Anuga FoodTec, the world’s leading trade fair for food and drink technology and food processing
- Art Cologne
- Dmexco, the leading international exposition and conference for the digital industry
- EuVend, the international trade fair for the vending industry
- Gamescom, trade fair for interactive games and entertainment
- Imm Cologne, leading trade fair for the furniture sector
- Intermot, international motorcycle, scooter and bicycle fair
- Internationale Süßwarenmesse (ISM), world's largest confectionery trade fair
- Photokina, the world's leading fair for photography and imaging
The trade fair grounds lie in Cologne's right-Rhenish district of Deutz, directly adjacent to Köln Messe/Deutz station to the south. Among others, the station has ICE connections by Deutsche Bahn to Köln Hbf and Cologne/Bonn Airport. West of the trade fair grounds lies the Rheinpark, a 40 hectare large park on the River Rhine, and Tanzbrunnen, an open air theater.
Apart from the Köln Messe/Deutz station to the south, the Cologne trade fair center is also served by the Cologne Stadtbahn station Koelnmesse to the East.
|Preceding station||KVB||Following station|
toward Mengenich Ollenhauerring
Koelnmesse Ausstellungen GmbH Cologne, Germany
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Koelnmesse.|
|This article about a North Rhine-Westphalian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|