From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Colonel in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Colonel is a military rank.
Colonel or Colonels may also refer to one of the following:
- Colonel (title), is conferred as an honor by some States in the United States of America and certain units of the Canadian Armed Forces.
- Kentucky Colonel, a non-military honorary title awarded by the State of Kentucky to recognize exemplary action(s) or activities by an individual
- An Auctioneer in the U.S. who has completed Auctioneer School and uses the title of Colonel to reflect their status
- Colonel-in-Chief, an honorary title of British and Commonwealth Regiments, often bestowed on members of the Royal Family
- "Colonel" is another name for French-Danish conceptual and format art artist Thierry Geoffroy
- Colonel, a 2000 Rick Shelley science fiction novel
- The Colonels, a 1986 novel by W. E. B. Griffin
- The Colonel, a short title for the book The Colonel: The Extraordinary Story of Colonel Tom Parker and Elvis Presley by Alanna Nash
- Colonel was used as a nickname and self promotion term for Col. Harland Sanders and for his fast food chain restaurants and as a reference to his recipe, "the Colonel's Recipe" from the early 1960s, he was recognized as a Kentucky Colonel in 1935.
- Colonel Abrams, a R&B and house musician
- Colonel Bogey March, a popular march written in 1914 by Lieutenant F. J. Ricketts for which many satirical lyrics have been written.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.