From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up colonia or Colonia in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikispecies has information related to: Colonia|
Colonia (plural coloniae) was originally a Roman Empire outpost established in conquered territory to secure it. Eventually, however, the term came to denote the highest status of Roman city.
Colonia may also refer to:
- Colonia (Palestine), an Arab village destroyed by Haganah forces in April 1948
- Colonia del Sacramento, the oldest city in Uruguay and a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Colonia Department, a departamento in south-western Uruguay, where Colonia del Sacramento is the capital
- Colonia, Yap, a city in Micronesia
- Colonia (South China Sea), Little known Island State in the South China Sea. Also known as The Spratly Islands
- Colonia, New Jersey
- Colonia, Oxnard, California
- Cologne, originally Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensis, Germany's fourth-largest city
- Colonia, a village in Tritenii de Jos Commune, Cluj County, Romania
- Colonia (music group), a Croatian dance music group
- Colonia (Autopsia album), a 2002 compilation album by Autopsia
- Colonia (A Camp album), the second album by A Camp
- Colonia (country subdivision)
- Colonia (ship), a cable vessel that worked on the All Red Line
- Colonia colonus, bird species whose scientific name is Long-tailed Tyrant
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.