Colony Square is a mixed-use development and sub-district in Midtown Atlanta, Georgia, located on Peachtree Street in between 14th and 15th Streets. The sub-district, which originated as the first mixed-use development in the Southeast, was built between 1969 and 1975 in modernist style. Colony Square comprises three skyscrapers, two containing offices (Colony Square 100 and Colony Square 400) and one housing a hotel, W Atlanta-Midtown. The three skyscrapers are connected by Colony Square Mall, located beneath a sky-lit atrium and offering a food court, retail, and an athletic club. Also within the sub-district are three mid-rise residential buildings, together known as Colony House condominiums. Colony Square also contains street-level restaurants, including Shout and Goldberg's Deli.
- 100 Colony Square, 1175 Peachtree Street NE, 314.96 feet (96.00 m), 24 floors, opened 1970
- 400 Colony Square, 1201 Peachtree Street NE, 308 feet (94 m), 22 floors, opened 1975
- W Atlanta-Midtown, 188 14th Street NE, 310 feet (94 m), 28 floors, opened 1974
In 1995 the Consulate-General of Japan in Atlanta was located in Colony Square. In 2002 the consulate announced it was moving from Colony Square to One Alliance Center. The consulate had over three years left in the lease of Colony Square. Because TrizecHahn Office Properties Inc. owned both office properties, the consulate was easily able to move to its new location.
- "100 Colony Square", Emporis.com
- "400 Colony Square", Emporis.com
- "W Atlanta-Midtown", Emporis.com
- "Contact Us." Consulate-General of Canada in Atlanta. Retrieved on July 28, 2009. "1175 Peachtree Street, N.E. 100 Colony Square, Suite 1700 Atlanta, GA 30361-6205"
- "Contact North America." Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency. Retrieved on May 23, 2013. "Atlanta Office 1175 Peachtree Street NE 100 Colony Square, Suite 1206 Atlanta, GA 30361"
- Greer, Richard. "Unionists protest at Japanese consulate." The Atlanta Journal and Constitution. Friday June 23, 1995. Business p. 3H.
- Gove, Matt. "Japanese Consulate says goodbye to Colony Square." Atlanta Business Journal. March 4, 2002. Retrieved on May 21, 2013.