Colorado State Highway 11
|Maintained by CDOT|
|Length:||1.35 mi (2.17 km)|
|South end:||US 138 / US 385 in Julesburg|
|North end:||Nebraska border towards Oshkosh|
SH 11 begins at an intersection with US 138-385 at the west city limits of Julesburg and proceeds almost directly north to the state line. The road is county-maintained in Nebraska, but becomes Nebraska Highway 27 upon intersecting Interstate 80 (at exit 95). SH 11 thus provides the shortest connection from I-80 to Julesburg, which appears on signs for exit 95.
The roadway that SH 11 follows was first added to the state highway system in 1932-1934 as a northerly extension of State Highway 51 (now US 385 south of Julesburg). However, instead of skirting the western edge of Julesburg, SH 51 crossed US 138 on Cedar Street and then zigzagged on Fifth, Sycamore, and Ninth Streets to current SH 11 about 1⁄2 mile (0.80 km) north of US 138. The state eliminated many state highways in 1953, including this extension of SH 51 north of Julesburg. In 1970-1971 the road was returned to the state highway system as SH 11.
The entire route is in Sedgwick County.
|Julesburg||0.00||0.00||US 138 / US 385 to I-80|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Colorado Department of Transportation, Highway Data Explorer, accessed November 2013
- Google Maps including Street View photographs, accessed November 2013
- Colorado State Highway Department, Sedgwick County, 1936 (reproduced as part of the 1940 Census)
- United States Geological Survey, Julesburg 1:24000, 1954
- 1923 list of state highways, reproduced in Highways to the Sky, Appendix C, p. 39
- Colorado Department of Transportation, official highway maps: 1932, 1934, 1952, 1954, 1970, 1971