Colorado Technical University
|Colorado Technical University|
Seal of Colorado Technical University
|Provost||Connie Johnson, Ed.D.|
|Location||Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States|
|Former names||Colorado Technical College|
Colorado Technical University (CTU) is a for-profit university in the United States. Founded in 1965, CTU offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees, primarily in business, management, and technology. The university is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). It is a subsidiary of Career Education Corporation.
The school was established as Colorado Technical College in 1965, with a focus on training former military personnel in technical and vocational subjects. In 1995, the institution gained university status and changed its name to Colorado Technical University. In 2009, CTU’s Virtual Campus was recognized as “Best of the Best” in the Education and Academia category.  In 2012 and 2013, The International Graduate Forum's CEO Magazine named Colorado Technical University in the top 10 Online MBA Program Rankings  In 2013, Military Times magazine ranked CTU #1 Best for Vets in the category for online and non-traditional universities. The NSA and the Department of Homeland Security recognize CTU as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education.  CTU currently has over 70,000 graduates worldwide. 
Presently, the university maintains Colorado campuses in Colorado Springs (main campus), Denver, and Pueblo, and out-of-state campuses in North Kansas City, Missouri and Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Additionally, a number of its degree programs can be completed entirely or largely online.
CTU-Colorado Springs, the main campus, is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. This campus has been classified by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education as a Doctoral/Research University (D/RU) that is Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics (STEM) dominant.
Colorado Technical University offers accredited degree programs in business, engineering, and applied scientific disciplines, including Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Engineering, Finance, Health Sciences, Information Systems and Technology, Management, and Public Administration.
Schools & Colleges
CTU has the following Areas of Study 
- College of Business & Management
- College of Engineering & Computer Science
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Information Systems & Technology
- College of Security Studies
- Interdepartmental Degrees
Federal Student Aid Information
|School Name||COLORADO TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY|
|Address:||4435 NORTH CHESTNUT STREET|
|Federal School Code||010148|
|School Type||4-year, Private for-profit|
|Tuition and Fees||$11,517|
|Net Price Average||$17,504|
- The information provided above is updated quarterly and may not reflect recent changes.
- The amounts for tuition and fees apply to full-time first-time degree/certificate-seeking students.
- Net Price Average is the average yearly price charged to full-time, first-time undergraduate students receiving student aid at an institution of higher education after deducting any grant and scholarship aid received. Average Net Price provides students and families with an idea of how much a first-time, full-time undergraduate student who receives grant/scholarship aid pays to attend a particular institution after subtracting out that grant/scholarship aid.
- Graduation rate is the percentage of a school's first-time, first-year undergraduate students who complete their program within 150% of the published time for the program.
- Retention rate is the percentage of a school's first-time, first-year undergraduate students who continue at that school the next year.
- Transfer rate is the percentage of a school's first-time, first-year undergraduate students who transfer to another college within 150% of the published time for the program.
- NA indicates that information is not available from College Navigator.
- CTU 2010 Catalog: University Policies, accessed 14 April 2010.
- National Center for Education Statistics: College Navigator: Colorado Technical University, accessed 14 April 2010.
- Higher Learning Commission: Colorado Technical University
- "The Best Colleges".
- . CEO Magazine http://www.graduate-forum.com/mba-rankings/. Missing or empty
- . Military Times http://projects.militarytimes.com/jobs/best-for-vets/2013/colleges/online-nontraditional/. Missing or empty
- . Awards and Recognitions http://www.coloradotech.edu/about/awards. Missing or empty
- . CTU Alumni http://www.coloradotech.edu/info-for/alumni. Missing or empty
- Campus Locations - CTU, accessed 07 June 2011.
- Classes and Careers - Colorado Technical University Campuses, accessed 17 July 2012.
- Carnegie Classification, accessed 30 October 2012.
- "Master's Degree Programs". Colorado Technical University.
- CTU Areas of Study http://www.coloradotech.edu/degrees/studies. Missing or empty