Colorado Technical University
|Colorado Technical University|
Seal of Colorado Technical University
|Colorado Technical College|
|Provost||Connie Johnson, Ed.D.|
|Location||Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States|
Colorado Technical University (CTU) is a for-profit university in the United States. Founded in 1965, CTU offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees, primarily in business, management, and technology.
The school was established as Colorado Technical College in 1965, with a focus on training former military personnel in technical and vocational subjects. In 1995, the institution gained university status and changed its name to Colorado Technical University.
The NSA and the Department of Homeland Security recognize CTU as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education. According to Colorado Tech, CTU has more than 70,000 graduates worldwide. [non-primary source needed]
The university maintains Colorado campuses in Colorado Springs (main campus) and there are two campuses in Denver: the northern campus in Westminster, and the southern campus in Aurora.Additionally, a number of its degree programs can be completed entirely or largely online.
CTU-Colorado Springs, the main campus, is located in Colorado Springs. This campus has been classified by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education as a Doctoral/Research University (D/RU) that is Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics (STEM) dominant.
Colorado Technical University offers accredited degree programs in business, engineering, and applied scientific disciplines, including Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Engineering, Finance, Health Sciences, Information Systems and Technology, Management, and Public Administration.
Schools and colleges
CTU has the following areas of study 
- College of Business & Management
- College of Engineering & Computer Science
- College of Health Sciences
- College of Information Systems & Technology
- College of Security Studies
- College of Project Management
||This article uses bare URLs for citations, which may be threatened by link rot. (February 2015)|
- CTU 2010 Catalog: University Policies, accessed 14 April 2010.
- "College Navigator - Colorado Technical University-Online". ed.gov.
- Higher Learning Commission: Colorado Technical University
- "Best for Vets: Colleges 2013 Online and nontraditional". Military Times.
- "2015 online and nontraditional colleges - Military Times". militarytimes.com.
- "Centers of Academic Excellence Institutions". National Security Agency. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "CTU Alumni".
- "Colorado Technical University". classesandcareers.com.
- "CTU Online and Campus Degrees". coloradotech.edu.
- "Carnegie Foundation Classifications". carnegiefoundation.org.
- "Master's Degree Programs". Colorado Technical University.
- "CTU Areas of Study".