|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
|Genres||Dream pop, Sunshine pop, Folktronica, Psychedelic pop, Art rock, Psych folk, Baroque pop|
|Labels||NOISE McCARTNEY (Japan), AED Records (UK), See Monkey Do Monkey Recordings (UK), Redbricks Recordings (UK)|
Tumblr page 
Facebook page 
|Past members||David Fletcher|
Colorama is an indie pop group originally formed in Liverpool, currently based in Wales. It is the project of multi-instrumentalist / singer-songwriter Carwyn Ellis. The line-up varies frequently, both in the studio and on stage.
Colorama released their Japan only debut album, Cookie Zoo on Noise McCartney / Bad News Records (Victor Entertainment) in April 2008, and released their debut single, Sound via Redbricks Recordings in July 2008.
This was followed by Magic Lantern Show, featuring songs in Welsh and English, which was released in the summer of 2009 with ‘Dere Mewn’ becoming a modern classic in Wales and garnering rave reviews and lots of airplay on both sides of the border. Described as ‘incredible’ by Huw Stephens and hailed a ‘Soft Psych Classic’ by Sean Rowley and all of their subsequent releases have been enthusiastically received with extensive radio play from the likes of Lauren Laverne, Gilles Peterson, Marc Riley, Adam Walton and Gideon Coe.
The band started playing together in early July 2008 and have since played Glastonbury Festival, Latitude Festival, Home Game, The Sŵn Festival, Port Eliot Festival, Truck Festival, National Eisteddfodau, the Green Man Festival and more.
In 2009, Colorama announced the tragic news that their double bass player, Ellis's best friend David Fletcher had died on 29 June, from a heart attack suffered in his sleep, just days after Colorama’s appearance at Glastonbury Festival.
In the autumn of 2010, Colorama released their third album BOX on Noise McCartney (Victor Entertainment) in Japan and See Monkey Do Monkey Recordings in the UK. Shortly afterwards, they released a Christmas single, Cerdyn Nadolig ( Christmas Card ) which garnered them the Welsh Christmas Number 1 on the BBC Radio Cymru chart.
The end of 2010, Edwyn Collins has picked Colorama's Box as his favourite album of the year in a special feature in The Independent newspaper. BOX was also nominated for the inaugural Welsh Music Prize along with Gruff Rhys from Super Furry Animals and Manic Street Preachers amid other artists.
In October 2011, Colorama released Llyfr Lliwio ( Colouring Book ), which was their first predominantly Welsh-language collection.
In November 2012 Colorama released a limited edition 12” single, Hapus? ( Happy? ) on Aficionado Recordings.
Spring 2013 Colorama embarks on first European tour.
- Cookie Zoo (2008, Japan); NOISE McCARTNEY / Bad News Records
- Magic Lantern Show (2009, UK); Redbricks Recordings
- BOX (2010, Japan); NOISE McCARTNEY / Bad News Records
- BOX (2010, UK); See Monkey Do Monkey Recordings
- Llyfr Lliwio | Colouring Book (2011, UK); See Monkey Do Monkey Recordings
- Good Music (2012, UK); AED Records
- Sound (2007, UK); Redbricks Recordings
- Cerdyn Nadolig (2010, UK); See Monkey Do Monkey Recordings
- Hapus? (2012, UK); Aficionado Recordings
- Do the Pump (2013, UK); AED Records
- The Music Sounds Better With Huw: Vol. 1 (2008, UK); Wichita Recordings
- "Niet compatibele browser". Facebook. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "Bad News Records ARTIST COLORAMA". Badnews.co.jp. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- 07/28/2008 (2008-07-28). "Fancy buying a brilliant 45? 'Courseyoudo! Well, Hey! Hey! Colorama!". Electric Roulette. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "Colorama’s Dave Fletcher has died". Band Weblogs. 2009-07-06. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "David Fletcher Obituary - Musicians' Union Website". Autumn 2009.
- "Glastonbury 2009 - Colorama". BBC. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "Interview – Colorama". Themmp.tv. 2011-02-26. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "BBC Cymru - C2". Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "Peer to peer: The stars' albums of the year". The Independent. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "Welsh Music Prize Nominees". welshmusicprize.com. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- "Cloudspotting Festival : Colorama". Cloudspotting Festival.
- "eMusic : Colorama, Good Music". Retrieved 2012-06-26.
- "Louder Than War : Colorama - Good Music - Album Review/". Retrieved 2012-08-19.