From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Coloration may refer to:
- Color, the visual perceptual property corresponding in humans to the categories called red, green, blue and others, along with any variation, quality, or property thereof
- Color gradient, a range of position-dependent colors
- Animal coloration, topic of research regarding animals' adaptive appearance
- Camouflage, or cryptic coloration
- Coloration in linguistics, such as to "color vowels" in Laryngeal theory
- Vowel retroflex coloration (trill) in the Toda language
- A reference to chromatic musical writing.
- Color (medieval music), a way of using red and white notes to denote syncopation and temporary meter changes in medieval and Renaissance music
- A form of eye music in Renaissance madrigals where the word "color" or "black" was represented by filled notes on the page.
- Key coloration, gradations or slightly different intonation in music
- Color (disambiguation)
- Gradation (disambiguation), a metaphor from the concept of color used in various contexts to denote a smooth variable spectrum of gradations
- Color (law)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Coloration.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.