|Directed by||Keiichi Hara|
|Screenplay by||Miho Maruo|
by Eto Mori
|Music by||Kō Ōtani|
|Editing by||Toshihiko Kojima|
|Distributed by||Tōhō (Japan)
Sentai Filmworks (North America)
|Running time||127 minutes|
Colorful (カラフル) is a 2010 Japanese animated feature film directed by Keiichi Hara. It is based on the novel of the same name written by Eto Mori, produced by Sunrise and animated by the animation studio Ascension.
Upon reaching the train station to death, a dejected soul is informed that he is 'lucky' and will have another chance at life. He is placed in the body of a 14-year-old boy named Makoto Kobayashi, who has just committed suicide. Watched over by a neutral spirit named Purapura, the soul must figure out what his greatest sin and mistake in his former life was before his time limit in Makoto's body runs out. He also has a number of other lesser duties he must complete, such as understanding what led Makoto to commit suicide in the first place and learning how to enjoy his second chance at life.
- Kazato Tomizawa as Makoto Kobayashi
- Jingi Irie as Saotome
- Akina Minami as Hiroka Kuwabara
- Aoi Miyazaki as Shoko Sano
- Akiyoshi Nakao as Mitsuru
- Kumiko Aso as Makoto´s Mother
- Katsumi Takahashi as Makoto´s Father
- Michael as Purapura
- Keiji Fujiwara as Mr. Sawada
- Greg Ayres as Makoto Kobayashi
- Clint Bickham as Saotome
- Emily Neves as Hiroka Kuwabara
- Brittney Karbowski as Shoko Sano
- Chris Patton as Mitsuru
- Carli Mosier as Makoto's Mother
- David Wald as Makoto's Father
- Luci Christian as Purapura
- David Matranga as Mr. Sawada
- Genevieve Simmons as Mao
It won the award for Excellent Animation of the Year at the 34th Japan Academy Prize and is nominated for Animation of the Year. It also won the Animation Film Award at the 65th Mainichi Film Awards. Internationally, it received the Audience Award and Special Distinction prize at the 2011 Annecy International Animated Film Festival.
- "Box office by Country: Colorful Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2012-06-04
- "ストーリー｜Colorful カラフル" (in Japanese). Sunrise. Retrieved 2012-02-06.
- "第 34 回日本アカデミー賞優秀賞" (in Japanese). Japan Academy Prize. Retrieved 2010-12-18.
- "第65回毎日映画コンクール 受賞結果発表！" (in Japanese). japan-movie.net. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- "Winners revealed at last!". annecy.org. Annecy International Animated Film Festival. 2011-06-11. Retrieved 2011-06-12.
- Official website (Japanese)
- Colorful at the Internet Movie Database
- Colorful (film) at Anime News Network's Encyclopedia
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|