||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for web content. (January 2012)|
|Type of site||social network service, Blog|
|Created by||Darius A. Monsef IV|
|Alexa rank||4,077 (April 2014[update])|
Colourlovers (styled COLOURlovers) is a social network service, blog, and international creative community that focuses on color inspiration and color trends for both personal and professional creative projects.
The colors, palettes, patterns and shapes on Colourlovers are created by a community of members using tools on the website. As of December 2011, over one million of its members have created more than 4.6 million colors, 1.9 million palettes, two million patterns and 122,000 pattern templates. There are about one million visitors each month.
Color of the year
Each year since 2010, in the members of Colourlovers have voted in February of each year for their favorite colour created by themselves during the previous year, which is designated as the "Colour Lovers Colour of the Year". For example, in January 2010, all the colours created in the previous year between February 2009 and January 2010 were voted on to determine which one was the favorite colour of 2010.
The results of each year's vote are shown below. So far, there seems to be a predeliction by the members in favor of reddish colors.
- "Colourlovers.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "COLOURlovers.com home page". Retrieved 2011-12-22.
-  COLOURlovers.com Press Release
- Woodward, Steve (April 24, 2008). "ColourLovers.com brings fame to Lake Oswego man". The Oregonian. Retrieved January 15, 2012.
- "COLOURlovers Raises $1 Million To Make Everyone An Artist". 3 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-11.
- Darius A. Monsef IV (July 12, 2011). Color Inspirations: More than 3,000 Innovative Palettes from the Colourlovers.Com Community. Portland, Oregon. ISBN 978-1-60061-945-8. Retrieved 2012-01-28.
- Colour Lovers (Colour Sunny Orange was formulated on 16 December 2009):
- Colour Lovers (Colour Go Bunny Go was formulated on 10 January 2011):
- Colour Lovers (Colour Shock Me, Yess!! was formulated on 7 January 2012):
- Colour Lovers (Colour New Beginning was formulated on 10 January 2013):