From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Colpocoryphe is a genus of trilobites in the family Calymenidae.
- Convex Cephalon
- Trapezoidal glabellea, frequently distinctly furrowed and surelevated compared to the axis.
- Dorsal furrows slightly convergent forwardly with almost linear anterior parts.
- Broad dorsal furrows, deep and not well defined.
- 3, rather 4, well defined lateral furrows
- Librigenæ without lateral area or lateral furrow.
- Preglabellar field very short, downward oriented.
- Inflated occipital ring with smooth lateral ends.
- Occipital furrow broad and deep.
- Eye ridges rather weak.
- Anterior cephalic notch marked, with frequently parallel edges.
- Thorax : Strongly convex axis.
- Triangular Pygidium
- Convex axis, with segmentation well defined.
- 6 - 8 axial rings.
- Pleurae with deep border furrows.
- Axis extending nearly to posterior margin (large posterior terminal piece), connected to
- it by short postaxial ridge.
- Pleural fields behind articulating half-ribs nearly smooth, with 2 - 3 very indistinct ribs.
- Wide border distinctly set off by marked change in convexity.