|No. 4 – Laboral Kutxa Baskonia|
June 29, 1989 |
Aberdeen, South Dakota
|Nationality||American / Guinean|
|Listed height||7 ft 0 in (2.13 m)|
|Listed weight||255 lb (116 kg)|
|High school||Yankton (Yankton, South Dakota)|
Colorado State (2012–2013)
|NBA draft||2013 / Round: 2 / Pick: 53rd overall|
|Selected by the Indiana Pacers|
|Career highlights and awards|
Iverson, a 7'0" center, attended Yankton High School in Yankton, South Dakota and originally chose to play basketball at the University of Minnesota for coach Tubby Smith. At Minnesota, Iverson served as a key role player, averaging 5.3 points and 4.3 rebounds per game.
Following his junior year in 2010–11 and seeking more playing time, Iverson decided to transfer to another program for his final season of eligibility, ultimately deciding on Colorado State. At CSU, Iverson became the focal point of the offense, leading the team in scoring (14.2 points per game) and rebounding (9.8 per game). At the close of the season, Iverson was named first team All-Mountain West and an honorable mention All-American by the Associated Press.
On June 27, 2013, Iverson was selected with the 53rd overall pick in the 2013 NBA draft by the Indiana Pacers. He was later traded to the Boston Celtics on draft night. In July 2013, he joined the Celtics for the 2013 NBA Summer League.
In July 2014, Iverson re-joined the Boston Celtics for the 2014 NBA Summer League. On August 12, 2014, he signed a one-year deal with Laboral Kutxa Baskonia of Spain. In his first year in the Spanish League, he became the MVP of the week in the round 17, after performing 14 points and 15 rebounds against Río Natura Monbús Obradoiro.
- "Colton Iverson Stats". Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- Rayno, Amelia (March 7, 2013). "Colton Iverson: "I felt I had a lot more to offer a program."". StarTribune.com. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- "CSU's Iverson earns honorable mention All-America nod". KKTV.com. April 1, 2013. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- Celtics Acquire Olynyk, Iverson
- Besiktas officially signs Celtics draftee Colton Iverson
- Celtics Announce 2014 Orlando Summer League Roster
- "Laboral Kutxa gets center Iverson". Euroleague.net. August 12, 2014. Retrieved August 12, 2014.
- "Colton Iverson, Jugador de la Jornada 17". ACB.com (in Spanish). January 18, 2015. Retrieved January 27, 2015.