Columbia College (British Columbia)
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (July 2010)|
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008)|
|Motto||Your pathway to university|
|Type||Private Community college|
|Principal||Dr. Trevor Toone|
|Location||Downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Mascot||CC Riders (Dragon Boat Team)|
Columbia College is a two-year liberal arts college in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Columbia College's mission is to prepare international and Canadian students for admission to a university by providing quality academic programs in a supportive learning environment.
Canada's oldest independent international college, Columbia College has offered high school completion programs since 1936. In 1965 the College added university transfer courses to its offerings, and in the 1970s introduced an English as a Second Language Program to meet the academic needs of the increasing number of international students. In 1985 Columbia College established its reputation as Canada's premier university-preparatory school for international students and moved to downtown Vancouver from Burnaby in 1996. The College's current student body is drawn from countries around the world. The countries of the Pacific Rim are represented particularly well, and so do students from Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and Africa. For over 70 years Columbia College has provided quality education to young adults who have completed their qualifications at Columbia College and proceeded to university. http://www.columbiacollege.ca/en/content/about-us/college-history
Columbia College offers:
- University transfer and associate degree programs
- University foundation programs
- ESL and English preparation programs
- Most of the courses for Art, Science, Computer Science and Business for Second Year transfer.
- Columbia College also provides a Full Requirement Courses for Business to Transfer to Third Year of Commerce in University of British Columbia
 Sport Team
C.C. Riders (Dragon Boat Team), who had been participating in Alcan DragonBoat Festival for 7 years.
- Student Association of Columbia College, a.k.a. the SACC, founded in 2003.
- The CC Gazette, a bi-weekly publication both online and print-press, students will be able to access the CC Gazette from their very own homes or obtain copies in the 6th Floor Student Lounge.
- The Entrepreneurs Club, a club to help those students interested in doing business. Current president is Madina Kenesbayeva.
- The Quitters' Club, a club to help quit smoking;
- The Green Club, a club of environmentalists;
- Photography club, Current Activities Club, Chess Club and Change the World Fund Raising club are now going on.
 See also
- List of institutes and colleges in British Columbia
- List of universities in British Columbia
- Higher education in British Columbia
- Education in Canada
- Columbia College - Our Mission Retrieved September 23, 2011
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Columbia College (British Columbia)|
- http://www.columbiacollege.ca Columbia College