Columbia Gorge Regional Airport
|Columbia Gorge Regional Airport
The Dalles Municipal Airport
|IATA: DLS – ICAO: KDLS – FAA LID: DLS|
|Owner||City of The Dalles, Oregon & Klickitat County, Washington|
|Serves||The Dalles, Oregon|
|Elevation AMSL||247 ft / 75 m|
Columbia Gorge Regional Airport (IATA: DLS, ICAO: KDLS, FAA LID: DLS) (The Dalles Municipal Airport) is in Klickitat County, Washington, near Dallesport, Washington and two miles northeast of The Dalles, Oregon.The airport is jointly owned by the city of The Dalles and Klickitat County. It is on the Columbia River near the east end of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Until 1955 United Airlines DC-3s stopped there.
In the year ending September 8, 2010 the airport had 16,282 aircraft operations, average 44 per day: 84% general aviation, 11% air taxi, and 5% military. 58 aircraft were then based at this airport: 98% single-engine and 2% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for DLS ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "$12,000 Airport Grant For Dalles Rescinded". The Oregonian. Associated Press. December 7, 1935. p. 8.
- Columbia Gorge Airport, official site
- The Dalles Municipal Airport at Washington State DOT
- Aerial image as of July 1996 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for DLS, effective December 11, 2014
- Resources for this airport: