Columbia Township, Meigs County, Ohio
|Columbia Township, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Meigs County
|• Total||37.6 sq mi (97.4 km2)|
|• Land||37.6 sq mi (97.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||630 ft (192 m)|
|• Density||27.1/sq mi (10.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086610|
Located in the northwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Lee Township, Athens County - north
- Alexander Township, Athens County - northeast corner
- Scipio Township - east
- Rutland Township - southeast corner
- Salem Township - south
- Wilkesville Township, Vinton County - southwest corner
- Vinton Township, Vinton County - west
- Knox Township, Vinton County - northwest
No municipalities are located in Columbia Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Meigs County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.