Columbus Communications is a cable television and Broadband speed Internet service provider. Operating as a regional media company, Columbus is currently financially based in Barbados, providing service in the Bahamas, Grenada, Jamaica, and Trinidad and Tobago as well as making its intentions known of seeking future expansion into new markets as opportunities arise.
The company is the brain-child of the Jamaican-born Canadian billionaire Michael Lee-Chin. Several of the Canadian executives with the company have also come on board from other Canada-based cable television service providers, primarily Persona Communications.
The company's operations in the Bahamas are branded as Cable Bahamas, while its operations in other countries are branded as Flow.
Management & Executive Team
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Brendan Paddick
- President and COO, Paul W. Scott
- Chief Financial Officer, Maxwell Parsons, C.A.
- Columbus Communications
- Columbus Networks
- COLUMBUS COMMUNICATIONS EXPANDS OPERATIONS TO GRENADA - (14 April, 2008)
- Columbus to run fibre-optic cable from Colombia to Jamaica - Jamaica Observer (25, May 2007)
- Flow gets nod on all-island(Jamaica) cable licence - Jamaica Observer (01, April 2007)
- Alcatel and Columbus Communications inaugurate FibraLink submarine network in Jamaica - Press Release (5 April, 2006)
- Columbus sets sail in T&T - Trinidad and Tobago Guardian Newspaper (16 February, 2006)
- Alcatel to deploy a new submarine optical cable network to serve Jamaica - Press Release (7 June, 2005)
- New World Network Completes Sale to Columbus Communications - Press Release (12 September, 2005)
- Columbus Communications acquires New World Network - (15 September, 2005)
- John Risley And Michael Lee-Chin — The Cable Guys - Canadian Business Online (5 December, 2005)
- Columbus Communications Flow target of piracy by HBO Latin America - ttgapers.com (11 May, 2007)
|This Jamaica-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Trinidad and Tobago article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Caribbean-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|