Columbus Township, Adams County, Illinois
Location in Adams County
Adams County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||37.36 sq mi (96.8 km2)|
|• Land||37.28 sq mi (96.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.08 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.21%|
|Elevation||676 ft (206 m)|
|• Density||14.8/sq mi (5.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62301, 62320, 62324, 62325, 62347|
|GNIS feature ID||0428834|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.36 square miles (96.8 km2), of which 37.28 square miles (96.6 km2) (or 99.79%) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.21%) is water.
- Columbus (east three-quarters)
The township contains seven cemeteries: Columbus, Earel, Hufnagel, Johnson, Saint Peters Evangelical Lutheran, Wilkes and Wolf Ridge.
- Camp Point Community Unit School District 3
- Liberty Community Unit School District 2
- Illinois' 18th congressional district
- State House District 93
- State Senate District 47
- "Columbus Township, Adams County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Honey Creek Township||Camp Point Township||Clayton Township|
|Gilmer Township||Concord Township|
|Burton Township||Liberty Township||McKee Township|