From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up column in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A column is a vertical structural element in architecture.
Column may also refer to:
- Column (botany) or gynostemium, a part of an orchid
- Column (database), a set of data values of a particular type in a relational database
- Column (formation), a military formation
- Columns (juggling), a juggling pattern
- Column (periodical), a recurring piece or article written by a columnist
- Column (typography), a vertical block of text positioned on a page
- Column vector, an m × 1 matrix in linear algebra
- Columns (video game), a Tetris-style video game
- "Columns" (How I Met Your Mother), a 2007 episode of How I Met Your Mother
- Flying column a combined arms independent military formation of a temporary nature
- Cortical column, a group of neurons in the brain cortex
- Vertebral column, a column of vertebrae situated in the dorsal aspect of the abdomen
- Packed bed column, an apparatus used in column chromatography, absorption, scrubbing and distillation
- Column-based nucleic acid purification
- Column chromatography
- Fractionating column
- Miller Columns, the data tree structure visualization technique
- Fifth Column group of people who undermine a larger group, city or nation
- Row (disambiguation)
- Collum (disambiguation), a neck or neck-like structure, also a surname
- Colon (punctuation), i.e. ":"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.