Colusa Indian Community
|Regions with significant populations|
|United States ( California)|
|Roundhouse religion, Christianity|
|Related ethnic groups|
|other Wintu people
(Wintu, Nomlaki, and Patwin)
The tribe's reservation is the Colusa Rancheria, also known as the Cachildehe Rancheria. It is located in Colusa County, California and was founded in 1907. The average elevation is 59 feet (18 m), and the ranchería is 573 acres (2.32 km2) large. 273 acres (1.10 km2) are in federal trust and 300 acres (1.2 km2) are owned privately by the tribe. Population is approximately 77.
Traditionally, the tribe spoke the Wintun/Patwin language, a Wintuan language of the Penutian language family. The Colusa Indian Community Council published a language book and are working on language CDs and DVDs to help foster language preservation.
The tribe owns and operates the Colusa Casino Resort, Seasons Buffet, Wintun Dinnerhouse, and Jack's Lounge, all located in Colusa. traditional language spoken by Wintun (Patwin) people was not Wintu, but Patwin or Wintun. Wintu was a Penutian language spoken by the Wintu people of lands north of Cottonwood Creek in the area of Redding, California. 
The Cachil Dehe Band of Wintun Indians, with 45 original members, ratified their constitution and by-laws on November 23, 1941. In 1969 the tribe built a traditional roundhouse and refurbished it in 1993.ɨI was present during construction of the new roundhouse in 1977, not 1969. Ira Heinrich 
- California Indians and Their Reservations: P. San Diego State University Library and Information Access. 2010 (retrieved 30 June 2010)
- Pritzker, 154
- Hinton, 83
- California Indians and Their Reservations: C. San Diego State University Library and Information Access. 2010 (retrieved 30 June 2010)
- " National Congress of American Indians. (retrieved 20 November 2014)
- "Government." Colusa Indian Community. 2010 (retrieved 30 June 2010)
- "Colusa Casino Resort." 500 Nations. (retrieved 30 May 2010)
- one good source are the very early lexicons of Paul Radin, collected from the Colusa people, archived at the Philadelphia Philosophical Society.
- Hinton, Leanne. Flutes of Fire: Essays on California Indian Languages. Berkeley: Heyday Books, 1994. ISBN 0-930588-62-2.
- Pritzker, Barry M. A Native American Encyclopedia: History, Culture, and Peoples. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000. ISBN 978-0-19-513877-1.
- Colusa Indian Community, official website
- Constitution of the Cachil Dehe Band of Wintun Indians of the Colusa Indian Community
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Colusa Indian Community