|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008)|
Comanche is a series of simulation games published by NovaLogic. The goal of each of these games is to fly military missions in a RAH-66 Comanche attack helicopter, which was in development and prototyping at the time of release.
Comanche was the first commercial flight simulation based on voxel technology via the company's proprietary Voxel Space engine (written entirely in Assembly language). This rendering technique allowed for much more detailed and realistic terrain compared to simulations based on vector graphics at that time.
Throughout the years, several games and add-ons have been published::
- Comanche: Maximum Overkill (1992)
- Comanche: Global Challenge (1993) - three new campaigns
- Comanche: Over the Edge (1993) - four new campaigns
- Comanche CD (1994) - a compilation of Maximum Overkill and mission disks, plus 10 bonus missions. Rereleased In 1997 From Softkey (The Learning Company) As Comanche CD Special Edition Including A Demo Of America Online, And Windows 95 Compatibility.
- Comanche 2 (1995)
- Werewolf vs Comanche 2.0 (1995) - a pack of two games with a compatible multiplayer mode
- Comanche 3 (1997)
- Comanche Gold (1998) - Comanche 3 with additional campaigns and various enhancements
- Comanche 4 (2001)
- The Comanche series at MobyGames
- Comanche Gold Modding Discussion
- Official Site of Comanche 4
|This flight simulation video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|