Combat Rock (novel)
|Doctor Who book|
|Series||Past Doctor Adventures|
Victoria and Jamie
|Set between||Dreams of Empire and The Enemy of the World|
|Number of pages||284|
|Release date||July 2, 2002|
The story encompasses an extended allegory on Indonesia's colonial treatment of Irian Jaya and draws on Lewis's own experiences in the region. The characters of Jamie and Victoria are also used to explore post-colonial themes.
Its precise placement in the series continuity is not stated. The Doctor describes landing on a tropical beach as a "welcome change", implying that their last landing was in a more inhospitable place like in the serial The Ice Warriors or the novel Dreams of Empire. However, it could equally fit in between many of the stories with the Second Doctor, Jamie and Victoria, in particular the ending of The Abominable Snowmen.
- Combat Rock at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Cloister Library - Combat Rock
- Combat Rock at The TARDIS Library
- The Doctor's Timeline at The Whoniverse gives support for specific placement relative to other spin-off media.
- Cover blurb only specifies the Doctor's incarnation and companions.
|This Doctor Who-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This BBC-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|