Combined Arms Research Library
|Combined Arms Research Library|
|Garrison/HQ||Fort Leavenworth, Kansas|
The Combined Arms Research Library (CARL) at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas is a United States Army library which supports the United States Army Command and General Staff College. Its collection of over 300,000 books covers all aspects of military science: joint and combined operations; tactics and doctrinal development; leadership, intelligence, weapons, equipment, and training. The Archives and Special Collections house a unique collection of over 200,000 items and the documents collection consists of another 250,000. Each year, the CARL reference staff answers some 30,000 queries for soldiers, faculty and staff at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas and throughout the world via the Defense Digital Library Reference Service. Scholars, writers and the DoD community use the Combined Arms Research Library’s archival materials, extensive research materials, and historical documents. The Combined Arms Research Library is one of the largest and most well respected libraries in the Army  and was named the 2007 Federal Library of the Year by the Federal Library and Information Center Committee (FLICC).
Mission statement 
- Support the Command and General Staff College’s instructional and research programs through ownership of or access to appropriate print and computerized resources.
- Provide assistance to Fort Leavenworth and other DOD offices and installations in their search for useful information resources.
- Promote the better understanding of effective ways to use these resources by soldiers, their families, and DOD Civilians 
Photo gallery 
- Combined Arms Research Library Homepage
- Combined Arms Research Library Digital Library
- United States Army Command and General Staff College