Location (in red) within Paris inner and outer suburbs
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Guy Geoffroy|
|• Land1||14.48 km2 (5.59 sq mi)|
|• Population2 density||1,500/km2 (3,900/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||77122 / 77380|
|Elevation||43–91 m (141–299 ft)|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
Combs-la-Ville is a commune in the south-eastern suburbs of Paris, in the Seine-et-Marne department in the Île-de-France in north-central France. It is located 25.5 km (15.8 mi) from the center of Paris, in the "new town" of Sénart, created in the 1970s.
Combs-la-Ville is twinned with the towns of :
- Duderstadt in Germany since 1968
- Dali in Cyprus since 1978
- Oswestry in the United Kingdom since 1980
- R' Kiz in Mauritania since 1986
- Petite-Île in Réunion (an overseas department of France in the Indian Ocean) since 1992
- Salaberry-de-Valleyfield in Quebec, Canada since 1998
- Baia Mare in Romania since September 5, 2009.
The inhabitants are called Combs-la-Villais.
- Official website (French)
- 1999 Land Use, from IAURIF (Institute for Urban Planning and Development of the Paris-Île-de-France région) (English)
- French Ministry of Culture list for Combs-la-Ville (French)
- Map of Combs-la-Ville on Michelin (English)
|This article related to a Seine-et-Marne location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|