Come All You Fair and Tender Ladies
|"Come All You Fair and Tender Ladies"|
|Recorded by||The Carter Family; Pete Seeger; Joan Baez; Peter, Paul and Mary; Emmylou Harris; Dolly Parton; Larry Wilder; Gene Clark & Carla Olson; The Rankin Family; David Bromberg; Bob Dylan; Mountain Man (music group)|
"Come All You Fair and Tender Ladies" (aka "Tiny Sparrow" or "Little Sparrow") (Roud #451) is an American folk music ballad, originating from the Appalachian region. It has been recorded under either of its two title variations by numerous artists, including The Carter Family, Pete Seeger, Joan Baez, Odetta, Peter, Paul and Mary, Emmylou Harris, Larry Wilder, Bob Dylan, Dave Van Ronk, The Rankin Family, and Dolly Parton. The title of the song varies from recording to recording and prior to the 1960s, the song was usually known as "Tiny Sparrow" or "Little Sparrow". In more recent times, the song's title sometimes finds "Maidens" substituted for "Ladies," and "Come All Ye" or "Come All You" sometimes omitted.
- Santelli, Robert; George-Warren, Holly; Brown, Jim (2001). American Roots Music. Harry N. Abrams, Inc. p. 192. ISBN 0-8109-1432-8.
- "Come All You Fair and Tender Ladies cover versions". Allmusic. Retrieved 2011-02-10.
- "Tiny Sparrow cover versions". Allmusic. Retrieved 2011-02-10.
- "Come All Ye Fair and Tender Ladies cover versions". Allmusic. Retrieved 2011-02-10.
- "Come All Ye Fair And Tender Maidens". deaddisc.com. Retrieved 2011-02-10.
- "Winter Bone Soundtrack track listing". wintersbonemovie.com. Retrieved 2011-02-10.
|This folk song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|