Come Over (Kenny Chesney song)
|Single by Kenny Chesney|
|from the album Welcome to the Fishbowl|
|Released||May 14, 2012|
|Label||Blue Chair/Columbia Nashville|
|Kenny Chesney singles chronology|
"Come Over" is a song recorded by American country music artist Kenny Chesney. It was released in May 2012 as the second single from his album Welcome to the Fishbowl. The song was written by Sam Hunt, Shane McAnally and Josh Osborne.
Co-writer Josh Osborne said that when writing the song, he and the co-writers were composing melodies when co-writer Sam Hunt suggested to make it a "kind of desperate thing, like the guy is pleading with this girl to come over." Upon reaching the chorus, they decided to repeat the phrase "come over" to "[get] into the emotion of the situation."
Billy Dukes of Taste of Country gave the song three and a half stars out of five, writing that "the songwriters show power in efficiency, yet the singer never really conveys the physical need for this woman that the repetition begs for." Matt Bjorke of Roughstock gave the song four stars out of five, saying that it "shows off a completely different side for Kenny Chesney and it manages to feel immediate and current in ways that 'Feel Like a Rock Star' didn't."
The music video was directed by Shaun Silva and premiered in June 2012. It was filmed in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with some ocean scenes near Miami Beach, Florida. Chesney has described the music video as a "classy booty call."
"Come Over" debuted at number 24 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week of June 2, 2012. After spending eleven weeks on the country chart, "Come Over" became Chesney's twenty-second number one single on the country chart dated August 11, 2012. The song has sold over a million copies in the US.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||48|
|US Billboard Hot 100||23|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||76|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||35|
by Dierks Bentley
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
August 11–18, 2012
by Love and Theft
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "Kenny Chesney Unveils New Single, "Come Over"". Country Music Television. May 14, 2012. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- "'Come Over' sheet music". MusicNotes.com. Retrieved 12 August 2012.
- Paxman, Bob (August 20, 2012). "Story Behind the Song". Country Weekly 19 (34): 20–21. ISSN 1074-3235.
- Dukes, Billy (May 14, 2012). "Kenny Chesney, ‘Come Over’ – Song Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- Bjorke, Matt (May 14, 2012). "Single Review: Kenny Chesney - "Come Over"". Roughstock. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- Wyland, Sarah (June 5, 2012). "Watch Kenny Chesney’s Steamy New “Come Over” Video!". Great American Country. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- Watch Now: Kenny Chesney's "Come Over" Music Video Premiere!
- Morris, Edward (May 26, 2012). "Carrie Underwood Still Champion With Blown Away". Country Music Television. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- Paul Grein (31 October 2012). "Week Ending Oct. 28, 2012. Songs: Chris Brown’s Comeback". Chart Watch. Yahoo Music.
- "Kenny Chesney Album & Song Chart History" Canadian Hot 100 for Kenny Chesney.
- "Kenny Chesney Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Kenny Chesney.
- "Kenny Chesney Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Kenny Chesney.
- "Best of 2012 - Hot 100 Songs". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-12-14.
- "Best of 2012: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2012. Retrieved December 14, 2012.
- "American single certifications – Kenny Chesney – Come Over". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved July 23, 2012. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH