Come Saturday Morning (song)
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (September 2011)|
|"Come Saturday Morning"|
|Single by The Sandpipers|
|from the album The Sterile Cuckoo|
|Writer(s)||Fred Karlin, Dory Previn|
"Come Saturday Morning" is a popular song with music by Fred Karlin and lyrics by Dory Previn, published in 1970. It was first performed by The Sandpipers on the soundtrack of the 1969 film The Sterile Cuckoo starring Liza Minnelli, and it was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Song.
The Sandpipers' recording reached #17 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1970, also reaching #8 on Billboard's Easy Listening survey in a 24-week run. The Sandpipers also included the song on their 1970 album, Come Saturday Morning, as did Minnelli did in 1969 on her album Come Saturday Morning.
Other recordings include:
- Chet Baker (on his 1970 album Blood, Chet and Tears)
- Tony Bennett (on his 1970 album Tony Bennett's Something)
- Patti Page (on her 1970 Columbia Records album Honey Come Back)
- Scott Walker (on his 1972 album The Moviegoer)
- Billy Vaughn (and his Orchestra)
In popular culture
|This 1970s pop song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|