"Comet" was a well-known humorous children's song in the United States. It describes the deleterious effects of consuming Comet cleanser—a powdered cleansing product sold in North America. The most prominent and often-occurring effect in the song is that it turns one's teeth green. Among other effects alleged by this song are an unappealing taste and, unsurprisingly, a tendency to vomit.
- Comet - it makes your teeth turn green!;
- Comet - it tastes like Gasoline!;
- Comet - it makes you vomit;
- So buy some Comet, and vomit, today!
In popular culture
- Bronner, Simon J. (1988). American Children's Folklore. August House. p. 80. ISBN 0-87483-068-0.
- Chotzinoff, Robin (2006). Holy Unexpected: My New Life as a Jew. New York City: PublicAffairs. p. 105. ISBN 1-58648-308-0.
- Winsor, Charlotte B. (1975). Dimensions of Language Experience. Agathon Publications. p. 155. ISBN 0-87586-052-4.
- Kun, Michael (2005). You Poor Monster. MacAdam/Cage Publishing. p. 15. ISBN 1-59692-119-6.
- MacDonald, Ann-Marie (2003). The Way the Crow Flies. HarperCollins. p. 97. ISBN 0-06-058637-0.
- Transcript of "Stark Raving Dad"