Comic Con India
|Comic Con India|
|Organizer||Twenty Onwards Media|
Comic Con 2011 
It showcased stalls by several Indian publishing houses, including, but not restricted to, Amar Chitra Katha, Vimanika, Diamond Comics, Kshiraj Telang, Manta Ray, Level 10, Campfire and many other new and upcoming publishers.
The Comic Con lasted for 2 days, and included several workshops, interactive sessions, interviews and speeches by various comic book artists and writers. Around 15,000 people attended. A few animation and multi-media productions had set up their stalls as well, and also conducted seminars about animation design and future of animation industry in India.
On the last day of the event, Uncle Pai, a renowned educationalist and creator of Indian comics, in particular the Amar Chitra Katha and Tinkle was presented a Lifetime Achievement Award by Cartoonist Pran, one of the most successful Indian cartoonists, best known as the creator of Chacha Chaudhary.
Comic Con 2012 
The second Annual Indian Comic Con was held from 17 to 19 February 2012 at the same location i.e. New Delhi. Express Edition of Comic Con was held in Bangalore on 8 and 9 September 2012.
Comic Con 2013 
The third Annual Indian Comic Con is scheduled to be held from 8 to 10 February 2013, with the location remaining the same.
- Now, a convention for Indian comics Hindustan Times, New Delhi, January 05, 2011
- "A convention for comic book geeks". DNA (newspaper). February 13, 2011.
- "India gets its own Comic Con". The Telegraph. 17 January 2011.
- "Getting comical in Delhi". Hindustan Times New Delhi,. February 11, 2011.
- India to host its first ever Comic Con IBN Live, January 13, 2011.