Coming Around Again (album)
|Coming Around Again|
|Studio album by Carly Simon|
|Recorded||at Right Track Recording, Power Station Studios, Pin Wheel Studio, Unique Recording and Flying Monkey, New York City and Cliffhanger Studio, Vancouver|
|Genre||Adult contemporary, rock|
|Producer||Bryan Adams, John Boylan, Frank Filipetti, Russ Kunkel, George Massenburg, Rob Mounsey, Bill Payne, Richard Perry and Paul Samwell-Smith
Clive Davis: Executive Producer
|Carly Simon chronology|
|Singles from Coming Around Again|
Coming Around Again is singer-songwriter Carly Simon's 14th album, and 13th studio album, released in 1987. It is her first of many albums for Arista Records. The title track and "Itsy Bitsy Spider" were both written for and featured in the 1986 film Heartburn.
The title song peaked at #18 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming Simon's twelfth Top 40 hit in the USA. Additionally, it was a top 10 hit in the UK. The album itself reached #25 in both the US and the UK. It was certified Silver by the BPI in September 1987, and Platinum by the RIAA in early 1988. It has since sold nearly two million copies in the US.
Shortly after the album's release, a live outdoor concert also entitled "Carly Simon - Coming Around Again" was recorded in June 1987 at Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts and later released on video. On a pier in front of an invited audience, Simon and her band performed most of the songs from the album as well some of her older hits. The concert was also released as a live album in 1988 entitled Greatest Hits Live, and has also since been released on DVD as "Live From Martha's Vineyard".
Stephen Holden, writing for The New York Times, stated, "Coming Around Again, the latest and one of the strongest chapters in a growing catalogue, embodies everything that the 41-year-old singer-songwriter does best. Of all the confessional singer-songwriters who emerged out of the 60's counterculture to confide their personal feelings in recorded pop song cycles, she has been one of only a handful to sustain a major label recording career of such duration. And of that handful, she has stayed the closest to the personal confessional mode."
- 1988 Grammy (Nominated) Best Pop Vocal Performance: Female - Coming Around Again (The Album)
- "Coming Around Again" (Simon, William Hanna, Joseph Barbera) 3:38
- "Give Me All Night" (Simon, Gerard McMahon) 4:20
- "As Time Goes By" (Herman Hupfeld) 5:06
- "Do The Walls Come Down" (Simon, Paul Samwell-Smith) 3:48
- "It Should Have Been Me" (Bryan Adams, Jim Vallance) 4:20
- "The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of" (Simon) 5:01
- "Two Hot Girls (On a Hot Summer Night)" (Simon) 4:51
- "You Have to Hurt" (Frank Musker, Dominic King) 4:04
- "All I Want Is You" (Andy Goldmark, Simon, Jacob Brackman) 3:58
- "Hold What You've Got" (Joe Tex, Simon) 3:40
- "Itsy Bitsy Spider" (Simon) 3:40
Album - Billboard (North America)
Singles - Billboard (North America)
|1986||"Coming Around Again"||Pop Singles||18|
|1986||"Coming Around Again"||Adult Contemporary||05|
|1987||"All I Want Is You"||Pop Singles||54|
|1987||"All I Want Is You"||Adult Contemporary||07|
|1987||"Give Me All Night"||Pop Singles||61|
|1987||"Give Me All Night"||Adult Contemporary||05|
|1987||"The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of"||Adult Contemporary||8|
- Ruhlmann, William. "Allmusic review". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- "Coming Around Again" video on .