From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Comitatus-the name for an Anglo Saxon kinship group Comitatus (Latin for company, armed group) may refer to:
- Comes, a Latin word with similar meaning
- Comitatenses, the Roman late Imperial mobile army
- Comitatus (classical meaning), a political term used in various meanings, in Europe's classical period and in the Middle Ages
- County, in the Middle Ages, in the sense of a territory under a count — also used sporadically in present-day legal texts
- a Hungarian administrative unit:
- an administrative unit in the First Bulgarian Empire ruled by a komita and further subdivided into several zhupi, each ruled by a zhupan. Also comitat or komitat.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.