|Type||Public (NASDAQ: CVLT)|
|Industry||Data Management Software
Information Management Software
|Headquarters||1 CommVault Way, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724, USA|
|Key people||N. Robert Hammer
(Chairman, CEO & President)
Al Bunte(Chief Operating Officer)
|Products||Simpana, Simpana IntelliSnap Recovery Manager|
|Revenue||$ 406.6 million (FY2012)|
CommVault Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CVLT), founded in 1996, is a publicly traded data management and information management software company headquartered in Tinton Falls, New Jersey. It was formed in 1988 as a development group in Bell Labs, and later became a business unit of AT&T Network Systems. It was incorporated in 1996.
CommVault’s signature product is Simpana software, a scalable, unified data and information management software designed to replace several products. The Simpana software platform provides one management console for administering integrated, licensable modules for backup and recovery, archive, replication, resource management and search capabilities in virtualized and physical IT environments.
Simpana software is a data and information management suite built on a scalable, single platform and unifying code base. Simpana software modules share a common set of advanced capabilities related to the storage and access of data and are administered through one console application. Simpana software modules and functions include: Backup and Recovery, Snapshot Management, Deduplication, Replication, Archive, Reporting and Analytics, Hierarchical Storage Management (Automated Storage Tiering), Enterprise Search and Security and Encryption. In October 2012, CommVault began selling snapshot management as a separate software product, called IntelliSnap Recovery Manager.
All Simpana-managed data resides in a virtual repository called the ContentStore. Data is automatically tiered and stored according to user-defined policies. A shared index catalogs the data version and location of deduplicated snapshot, backup and archive copies. This catalog can be used for granular recovery of files in the ContentStore.
The company divides its software products into nine solution categories:
- Data Protection
- Virtual Server Protection
- Laptop/Desktop Protection & Mobile Access
- Disaster Recovery
- Application Recovery
- Electronic Discovery & Compliance
- Storage Optimization
- Big Data
- Cloud Computing
- 2014 - Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year 
- 2013 - Listed on Forbes Fast Tech 25 2013
- 2012 - CommVault placed in the “Leaders" quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup/Recovery Software
- 2012 - Midsize Enterprise Summit East 2012 XCellence Awards – Best Midmarket Solution – Software
- 2012 - CRN Channel Chiefs
- 2011 - CommVault placed in the "Leaders" quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Disk-Based Backup and Recovery
- 2011 - Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year
- 2011 - Microsoft Best of Tech-Ed Backup and Recovery Award
- 2010 - Windows IT Pro Community Choice Awards