- For comments in Wikipedia markup, see Help:Wiki markup#Invisible text (comments) and WP:COMMENT.
A comment is generally a verbal or written remark often related to an added piece of information, or an observation or statement. These are usually marked with an abbreviation, such as "obs." or "N.B.". The term "comment" may have different meanings depending on specific fields of usage.
- Request for Comments, an Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) memorandum on Internet systems and standards
- Comments under rulemaking in United States administrative law
- Obiter dicta issued by a judge in a court opinion
- Public comment is requested by executive public agencies when issuing a Draft Environmental Impact Report and similar documentation.
- Public comment is accepted by public agencies- legislative or executive- with regard to specific agenda items at public meetings. They also typically allow general comments on matters which are not on the agenda but are within their jurisdiction.
Publishing and media 
See also