||This disambiguation page should be converted into a broad-concept article, describing the primary meaning of the term. Additional meanings linked to this term should be moved to a separate page with "(disambiguation)" in the title.||
Comment spam is a term used by spam blacklist servers such as Project Honey Pot to refer to a broad category of spambot or spammer postings which abuse web-based forms to post unsolicited advertisements as comments on forums, blogs, wikis and online guestbooks. Related topics include:
- Forum spam, posts on Internet forums that contains related or unrelated advertisements, links to malicious websites, and abusive or otherwise unwanted information
- Newsgroup spam, a type of spam where the targets are Usenet newsgroups
- Social spam, unwanted spam content appearing on social networks and any website with user-generated content
- Spam in blogs, a form of spamdexing done by posting random comments, copied material, or promotion of commercial services
- Troll (Internet), a person who sows discord on the Internet
- Hit-and-run posting, a tactic where a poster at an Internet forum enters, makes a post, only to disappear immediately after
- Sockpuppet (Internet), an online identity used for purposes of deception
- Astroturfing, the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.