||This is the page title of a primary topic, and an article needs to be written about it. When a broad-concept article is written about the primary meaning of Comment spam, it should be moved to this page title. Related titles on this page should be described in the new article, while unrelated titles should be moved to Comment spam (disambiguation).||
Comment spam is a term used by spam blacklist servers such as Project Honey Pot to refer to a broad category of spambot or spammer postings which abuse web-based forms to post unsolicited advertisements as comments on forums, blogs, wikis and online guestbooks. Related topics include:
- Forum spam, posts on Internet forums that contains related or unrelated advertisements, links to malicious websites, and abusive or otherwise unwanted information
- Newsgroup spam, a type of spam where the targets are Usenet newsgroups
- Social spam, unwanted spam content appearing on social networks and any website with user-generated content
- Spam in blogs, a form of spamdexing done by posting random comments, copied material, or promotion of commercial services
- Troll (Internet), a person who sows discord on the Internet
- Hit-and-run posting, a tactic where a poster at an Internet forum enters, makes a post, only to disappear immediately after
- Sockpuppet (Internet), an online identity used for purposes of deception
- Astroturfing, the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Comment spam.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.