Common Ground Athens
|Focus||Management support and shared resources for grassroots organizations|
|Area served||Northeast Georgia|
|Key people||Jenna Moon, Executive Director|
Common Ground Athens is a nonprofit organization based in Athens, Georgia. Primarily a community hub and support organization, Common Ground serves as a catalyst and support network for community-based social change.
It is a nonprofit charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
The mission statement of Common Ground Athens is:
Common Ground Athens is a community resource center for groups and individuals working for progressive social change. Through educational programs, shared resources, and organizational support, Common Ground connects and strengthens local organizations and residents in their work to improve our community and world.
- Volunteer hub
- Connecting prospective volunteers with grassroots organizations
- Hosting workshops on management topics as well as those of general community interest
- Meeting and planning facilitation
- Fiscal sponsorship
- Acting as an incubator for emerging organizations
- Focusing on nonprofit leadership, grassroots campaign planning, and hard-to-find DIY publications, including a wide collection of zines
Common Ground was founded in 2003 by a coalition of mostly small Athens-based organizations seeking to establish a center that could support grassroots activists. The idea of hosting a library was inspired by the Gainesville, Florida, Civic Media Center.
|This article related to a non-profit organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|