Common palmar digital arteries
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Artery: Common palmar digital arteries|
Palmar view of the left hand, showing the common palmar digital arteries in context.
Lateral aspect of finger, with artery labeled a common volar digital artery.
|Latin||arteriae digitales palmares communes, arteriae digitales volares communes|
|Source||superficial palmar arch|
|Branches||proper palmar digital arteries|
|Vein||palmar digital veins|
Footnotes and references
- Physiology of adult Homo sapiens - Systemic blood and lymph circulation (angiology)
- Palmar and volar may be used synonymously, but volar is less common.
- This is the official and international Latin term as defined by the Terminologia Anatomica (TA), but in English speaking countries and especially the US, common palmar digital arteries is more commonly used.
- Again, palmar and volar may be used synonymously, but aa. digitales volares communes does not occur in the TA, and can therefore be considered deprecated.
- titled Superficial Volar Arch in this picture, which is an alternative term
- common+palmar+digital+artery at eMedicine Dictionary
- Atlas image: hand_blood1 at the University of Michigan Health System - "Palm of the hand, superficial dissection, anterior view"
|This cardiovascular system article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|