- This article is about the network of organisations affiliated to the Commonwealth of Nations. The term 'Commonwealth Family' is also used to refer poetically to the Commonwealth of Nations.
The Commonwealth Family is a network of associations, organisations, and charities affiliated to the Commonwealth of Nations. Although associated with the Commonwealth, they are not fully a part of it, and membership is on a voluntary basis from within the membership of the Commonwealth. They are designed to advance the principles and policies of the Commonwealth itself.
In some cases, such as Sight Savers International and the English-Speaking Union, they operate outside the Commonwealth, but are still considered a part of the Commonwealth Family, as they still operate predominantly within the Commonwealth.
List of organisations
Member organisations of the Commonwealth Family include:
- Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Commonwealth Broadcasting Association
- Commonwealth Business Council
- Commonwealth Foundation
- Commonwealth Games Federation
- Commonwealth of Learning
- Commonwealth Local Government Forum
- Commonwealth Parliamentary Association
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission
- English-Speaking Union
|This article about a political organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|