Communist Voice Organization
The Communist Voice Organization is a United States communist group centered on Communist Voice magazine. The group also publishes Detroit Workers' Voice and a "revolutionary literary zine," Struggle. Its major spokesperson goes by the name Joseph Green.
In 1981, as many similar groups moved to the right-wing, the Marxist-Leninist Party USA attempted to absorb other anti-revisionists and simultaneously began a reassessment of its politics. By the late 1980s the MLP had come to the conclusion that "anti-revisionism" meant that they had to reject traditional support of the international communist movement's positions from the time of the 1935 Congress of the Communist International onwards. This decision led to an ideological impasse within the MLP.
At its fifth congress in November 1993 the MLP voted to dissolve itself, but some local MLP groups disagreed with this decision. One such group became the Communist Voice Organization.
The CVO emphasizes the importance of theory for the revolutionary movement, and criticizes Trotskyism, Stalinism, and Maoism as "fake communism" adapted to the interests of the ruling class. Because of this rejection of the major 20th century branches of communism, the group is sometimes seen as left communist although CV criticizes the left communism as well.
- Communist Voice: a Journal of Revolutionary Theory
- Detroit Workers Voice leaflets
- Struggle, a Magazine of Proletarian Revolutionary Literature
Some articles from Communist Voice
- A modern and thorough critique of Trotskyism
- Against Stalinism
- The coming of the environmental crisis and the fear of a carbon dictatorship
- Other articles on how to fight the threat of global warming and the failure of market-based solutions including the carbon tax
- On the transitional period between capitalism and communism
- In defense of the right of nations to self-determination
- In defense of the Leninist theory of imperialism
- US imperialism, get out of Iraq!
- The debate on the 'defend Iraq' slogan, and the need to support the Iraqi masses against both foreign imperialism and local reactionaries
- In defense of anti-militarist agitation and the anti-draft movement
- The Marxist view of land reform and small-scale production
- A defense of Marx and Engels on the transformation problem, pt 1
- Today's Russia and the former state-capitalist Soviet Union
- The 1960s: Castroists heading to 'communism' without the workers
- More articles from the debate on Cuba
- Against the Maoist cultism of the RCP
- On Maoism and Chinese state capitalism
- On the non-class anti-imperialism of Noam Chomsky
- On Michael Albert's and Robin Hahnel's participatory economics (parecon)
- A modern critique of anarchism
- For national health care!
- Full rights for immigrants!