Community Healthcare Network
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (May 2011)|
Community Healthcare Network (CHN) provides primary care, mental health and social services in New York City. All of its locations are designated as a Federally Qualified Health Center by The Bureau of Primary Care. It is also an affiliate member of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
In 1981, twelve family planning clinics started in the late 1960s in New York City merged to become the Community Family Planning Council. In 1984, the clinics became the first family planning provider in New York State to offer prenatal care and professional social work services. The clinics expanded to include primary care, mental health and social services and in 1998 the name was changed to Community Healthcare Network. Catherine M. Abate has been President and CEO since 1999.
- Downtown Health Center
- Community League Health Center
- Helen B. Atkinson Health Center
- CABS Health Center
- Caribbean House Health Center
- Dr. Betty Shabazz Health Center
- Bronx Health Center
- Tremont Health Center
- Long Island City Health Center
- Queens Health Center
- Family Health Center
CHN also operates a mobile health unit.
Awards and recognition
In 2007, Community Healthcare Network received accreditation from The Joint Commission by demonstrating compliance with national standards for health care quality and safety.
- Appeal Pending, Immigrant Mothers-to-Be Crowd Prenatal Clinic.http://www.nytimes.com/2001/07/21/nyregion/appeal-pending-immigrant-mothers-to-be-crowd-prenatal-clinic.html?scp=12&sq=Community+Healthcare+Network&st=nyt Retrieved July 16, 2010
- An 1893 Firehouse and a Former Garage Become Health-Care Centers; From Motors to Patients. http://www.nytimes.com/1998/12/27/realestate/postings-1893-firehouse-former-garage-become-health-care-centers-motors-patients.html?scp=3&sq=Community+Healthcare+Network&st=nyt Retrieved July 16, 2010
- For Uninsured Young Adults, Do-It-Yorself Medical Care. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9504EFD61638F93BA25751C0A96F9C8B63&scp=4&sq=Community+Healthcare+Network&st=nyt Retrieved July 16, 2010