|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (July 2012)|
Communote is a microblogging tool and service launched in December 2008. Like Twitter, it allows users to post updates of their activities. Unlike Twitter, Communote is a "professional microblogging service" focusing on the internal usage in companies. It is available as in-house installation and as online service.
Communote differs from standard enterprise microblogging tools due to its special microsharing approach. This means that storage and retrieval of postings is well supported, especially by tagging and extensive filtering features.
Further features are as follows:
- Follow People, Blogs, Tags
- Blogs for the communication in groups
- Rights- and user management
- Replies with threaded discussions
- Attachments and links
- Inline video (YouTube, Vimeo), Inline- Images
- integration into enterprise portals, e.g. in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 or Atlassian Confluence
- LDAP authentication, SSL encryption, access control
- Mobile Access with iPhone, BlackBerry and Android
- Tagging (including hashtags)
- Sending and receiving postings via IM and Email
- Design customization
- Extensive filtering and RSS feeds on every possible filter combination
- JSON API
At the beginning Communote was developed by the Communardo Software GmbH from Dresden. The Communardo Software GmbH is a provider of software solutions to optimize communication and collaboration in teams, projects and companies. Since the beginning of 2012 Communote GmbH was founded, which focuses exclusively on the development and commercialization of Communote.
- "Communote launches Beta-test". Communote. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- "Twitter on your intranet: 17 microblogging tools for business". ZDNet. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- "Interview with Communote’s CEO". microblogging.com. Retrieved 2009-06-17.
- "Communote spin out". Communote. Retrieved 2012-02-06.