|Stable release||33.0  / April 24, 2014|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
Comodo Dragon is a freeware web browser. It is based on Chromium and is produced by Comodo Group. Sporting a similar interface to Google Chrome, Dragon does not implement Chrome's user tracking and some other potentially privacy-compromising features, and provides additional security measures, such as indicating the authenticity and relative strength of a website's SSL certificate.
Upon installation, Comodo Dragon offers the opportunity to configure either the Comodo Dragon or the user's entire computer to use Comodo's own DNS servers instead of the user's Internet service provider. Comodo Dragon performs additional checks on the SSL digital certificates of secure websites, and informs users if a site's certificate may be of insufficient strength. It includes an on-demand site inspector designed to determine if a site hosts malicious code.
- Google user tracking
- Automatic access to Google Search on startup for users with Google as default search engine
- Google-hosted error pages when a server is not present
- Automatic address bar search suggestions
- Bug tracking system, which sends information about crashes or errors
- "Comodo Dragon ver 33.0 is now available for download". Comodo Group, Inc. 24 Apr 2014. Retrieved 26 Apr 2014.
- "Dragon Internet Browser – Comodo Dragon Web Browser". Comodo Group, Inc. Retrieved 26 Apr 2014.
- Polishchuk, Polina (25 Apr 2014). "Comodo Dragon - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com". CNet.com. Retrieved 26 Apr 2014.
- Spencer, Spanner (11 Apr 2014). "Four Useful Alternative Browsers Based On Google Chrome- Lifehacker Australia". Allure Media. Retrieved 26 Apr 2014.
- "Online Webpage Scanning for Malware Attacks- Web Inspector Online Scan". Comodo CA Ltd. Retrieved 26 Apr 2014.
- Horton, Steve (19 Apr 2010). "Comodo Dragon review - PC Advisor". IDG UK. Retrieved 26 Apr 2014.
- "Comodo Dragon Review- The Secured Browser on Chromium- PC Security". PC Security. 27 Mar 2013. Retrieved 26 Apr 2014.
- "How is Dragon better? - Help - CD". Comodo Forum. 16 Jan 2011. Retrieved 26 Apr 2014.
- "View of /trunk/src/chrome/browser/google/google_url_tracker.cc". Retrieved 15 November 2010. Source code comment on line 31
- "Google Chrome, Chromium, and Google". Retrieved 28 January 2010. See Which Google Domain
- Yegulalp, Serdar (25 January 2012). "6 Google Chrome remixes worth trying". InfoWorld. IDG. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- Roggio, Armando (2 August 2010). "The PEC Review: Comodo Dragon, A Web Browser". Practical eCommerce. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- Polishchuk, Polina (17 June 2010). "Comodo Dragon". Download.com. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- Horton, Steve (19 April 2010). "Comodo Dragon review". PC Advisor. IDG. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- Horton, Steve (13 April 2010). "Comodo Dragon: A Chromium Browser With Extra Armor". PC World. IDG. Retrieved 14 April 2013.