Company85 is an independent IT consultancy specialising in cyber security, storage, backup, and data centre transformation. It was formed in 2010 following a management buyout from Symantec. Company85 is based in the City of London, UK.
Company85 was originally established as Company-i, a professional IT services firm based in the City of London, United Kingdom. In 2006 Company-i was acquired by Symantec and became the UK and EMEA consulting arm of Symantec Global Services. The acquisition was driven by Symantec’s wish to deepen its risk management services capability.
Following Symantec’s decision in 2010 to move to a channel-based consultancy delivery model, the business again became independently owned and managed, with Adrian Spink as CEO, Stephen Watterson as services director and Bill Trim as sales director. All three had been with the company since its time as Company-i.
In 2012 Company85 was named Small IT Supplier of the Year in the Organisational Excellence category at the UK IT Awards organised by British Computer Society and Computing (magazine) (it had been a medallist the previous year). It was also shortlisted as 2013 Information Security Consultancy of the Year at the SC Europe Awards, as 2012 Specialist Company of the Year at the Business Continuity Awards and as 2011 CRN Channel Service Provider of the Year award organised by CRN Magazine.
Company85 provides advisory, programme management and managed services in cyber security, storage, backup, and data centre transformation. It was Symantec's first Data Protection Delivery Provider to be appointed in the UK.
In January 2012 it was announced that Company85 had become title sponsor of a project to complete the world's fastest powered surface circumnavigation. The project is named the Company85 Global Challenge. It will use a purpose-built vessel named Accomplish More for the project, which is being led by British ocean adventurer Alan Priddy. Since then, the challenge has been rebranded to the Global Challenge .
See also 
- Symantec to Acquire Company-i, accessed 2011-07-27
- Company85 is a “start-up on steroids” - Consultant-News.com, accessed 2011-07-27
- UK IT Industry Awards 2012, accessed 2013-03-12
- 2011 Organisational Excellence Awards winners and medallists - BCS The Chartered Institute for IT, accessed 2011-12-16
- SC Europe Awards 2013, accessed 2013-03-12
- Business Continuity Awards 2012 shortlist, accessed 2013-03-12
- CRN Channel Awards shortlist 2011, accessed 2011-12-16
- Symantec names Company85 as its first Data Protection Delivery Provider, accessed 2012-01-20
- Alan Priddy teams up with Company85 to Accomplish More, accessed 2012-01-19
- White Hat Rally Sponsors, accessed 2012-06-08