Comparative Religion (Community)
|Episode no.||Season 1
|Directed by||Adam Davidson|
|Written by||Liz Cackowski|
|Original air date||December 10, 2009|
Shirley (Yvette Nicole Brown) plans a Christmas party for the study group, hoping to celebrate in her Christian ways, but learns everyone else is from a different religious background; Annie (Alison Brie) is Jewish, Abed (Danny Pudi) is Muslim, Troy (Donald Glover) is a Jehovah's Witness, Britta (Gillian Jacobs) is an atheist, Pierce (Chevy Chase) is in an odd cult but believes that it is a Buddhist community, while Jeff (Joel McHale) is agnostic. Meanwhile, Jeff stands up to a bully named Mike (Anthony Michael Hall) that harasses Abed in the cafeteria. The study group comes to Jeff's defense when they fight Mike and his friends on the college campus. Later after the fight, the group celebrate the holidays and learn they all passed their Spanish final, meaning they will all move on to Spanish 102.
In the end tag, Abed piles Christmas decorations on Troy while singing "O Christmas Tree" with the lyrics "Oh Christmas Troy." Jeff walks in and asks why they do "this kind of thing." Troy replies that it's fun and Jeff helps decorate him.
Around 5.505 million Americans watched "Comparative Religion".
- Seidman, Robert (December 11, 2009). "Broadcast Finals: Survivor, CSI, Mentalist, Community, Parks, Office, 30 Rock, Leno All Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- VanDerWerff, Todd (December 11, 2009). "Comparative Religion". The A.V. Club. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- "Comparative Religion" at NBC.com
- "Comparative Religion" at the Internet Movie Database
- "Comparative Religion" at TV.com
- "Comparative Religion" at TV Tropes