|Key people||Daniel R. Fischel, Chairman and President
Jonathan M. Orszag, Senior Managing Director
Compass Lexecon is an economic consulting company with headquarters in Chicago, Illinois. It provides analysis of economic issues for use in legal and regulatory proceedings, strategic decisions, and public policy debates. Compass Lexecon LLC was formed in January 2008 through the combination of Competition Policy Associates (COMPASS), founded in 2003, and Lexecon, founded in 1977, and operates as wholly owned subsidiary of FTI Consulting, Inc., a global business advisory firm.  Daniel Fischel is the Chairman and President. Jonathan Orszag is Senior Managing Director. In May 2013, Compass Lexecon acquired Princeton Economics Group, which provides economic research, data analysis and testimony to law firms and corporations.
In July 2014, in response to an FCC inquiry, the National Association of Broadcasters cited a report by Compass Lexecon on the economic benefits of exclusivity rules. Compass Lexecon was also mentioned as one of the firms hired to evaluate the settlement accord offered by J.P. Morgan to investors of its mortgage backed securities.
Compass Lexecon maintains expertise in the following practice areas: Antitrust & Competition, Damages, Derivatives & Structured Finance, ERISA Litigation, Energy, Healthcare, Intellectual Property, International Arbitration, Regulatory Investigations, Securities & Financial Markets, Telecommunications, Transportation, and Valuation & Financial Analysis.
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Century City - Los Angeles, California
- Chicago, Illinois
- Houston, Texas
- New York, New York
- Oakland, California
- Pasadena, California
- Princeton, New Jersey
- Silicon Valley, California
- Tucson, Arizona
- Washington, DC
- West Palm Beach, Florida
- Bloomberg Businessweek, Company Overview of Compass Lexecon LLC. Retrieved on April 4, 2014.
- The Wall Street Journal, "FTI Consulting Wins Four 2014 Global Competition Review Awards". April 9, 2014.
- Compass Lexecon, About Us.
- Vault.com profile of Compass Lexecon
- Compass Lexecon Bio, Daniel Fischel.
- Compass Lexecon Bio, Jonathan Orszag.
- The New York Times, News About FTI Consulting Inc.
- Broadcasting and Cable, "NAB: Exclusivity Rules Are Crucial". July 24, 2014. Retrieved on October 10, 2014.
- Bloomberg, "JPMorgan Seen Facing Bigger Fight With Mortgage Investors". July 24, 2014.
- The Washington Post, "Economists wield big influence in merger reviews". June 1, 2014.