Compendium of Analytical Nomenclature
The front cover of the third edition of the Orange Book.
The Compendium of Analytical Nomenclature is a book published by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) containing internationally accepted definitions for terms in analytical chemistry. It has traditionally been published in an orange cover, hence its informal name, the Orange Book.
Although the book is described as the "Definitive Rules", there have been three editions published; the first in 1978 (ISBN 0-08022-008-8), the second in 1987 (ISBN 0-63201-907-7) and the third in 1998 (ISBN 0-86542-615-5). The third edition is also available online. A Catalan translation has also been published (1987, ISBN 84-7283-121-3).
- IUPAC nomenclature
- Nomenclature of Organic Chemistry (the Blue Book)
- Nomenclature of Inorganic Chemistry (the Red Book)
- Quantities, Units and Symbols in Physical Chemistry (the Green Book)
- Compendium of Chemical Terminology (the Gold Book)
- Official Site
- Online version (3rd edition)
- IUPAC Nomenclature Books Series (commonly known as the "Colour Books")
|This article about a reference book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a chemistry-related book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|